Site Stats: Overview
What it does
The Site Stats tool allows authorized users to view site usage statistics.
Statistics can be accessed from the initial tool page - which presents a quick overview of site usage statistics - or from reports defined on the Reports page.
Visit: The act of entering (visiting) a site.
Activity: Events generated by tool actions (e.g., new chat message, resource opened, etc). The list of tools/events that count as activity can be configured on the tool Preferences page.
Resource: Any file/folder item related activity (new, open, edit or delete).
Things to Consider
- On the same login session, if an user enters/exits the same site multiple times only one visit will be recorded.
- On the Overview page, resource statistics refers to files from the Resources tool only.
- Site Stats may not be a default tool on the current LMS. To use Site Stats to collect participation data for a course/project site, you must add it to your site using Site Setup (see Adding, editing, or removing tools) and, eventually, ask the system support for authorization (grant permissions).
- Site visits may not be enabled on the current LMS.
- Depending on the LMS configuration, statistics may be updated instantly or on a regular time interval (e.g., once per day).